Isaiah 48:17

This is what the Lord says-your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you shoud go."

Isaiah 48:17







Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sign of the Week

I know it's a little late, but wow, when Satan wants to hinder you from sharing Christ; he can be fierce.  It's all good though, Christ always overcomes!!

Last week was one of those weeks that goes by as if I were on an escalator.  It was pleasant, but moved ahead at a steady pace.  Let's see what I can remember and share with everyone.

Verse of the Week

Philippians 4:8-9

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Song of the Week


Big Daddy Weave "What Life Would Be Like"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdbPynNI9Xo

Praise of the Week

I am thankful that the Lord is constantly showing me that it is His plan and not my own.  I no longer feel this constant need to control things, but have experienced freedom in truly living for Him and trusting Him daily for all things. 

I used to have so many lists, and I even had lists for my lists.  I thought I was being diligent and productive, but I was really trying to control every aspect of my life; I was playing God.  It is nice to let God be God.  I get to experience so much more of Him when I am not trying to be Him.  I don't know if this actually makes sense to you, but if you are a controlling person, I'm sure you get it.

It's not like I just go about my day waiting for God to put something before me, but I don't try to have it all planned out to the last minute of the day.  I have a plan in my head, but leave the details to Him.  If something derails my plan, I pray that He gives the the heart to change my plan and serve Him wholeheartedly instead. 

This praise along with the verse and song are kind of the combination of my week.  More of Him and less of me.  He has shown me how to be.  Thank you Lord!!

Book of the Week

My husband and I are really trying to be as healthy as we can be in order to serve the Lord and be a great witness to Him.  Along this journey, we have recently attended an event at a local Christian bookstore with Dr. Scott Stoll as the speaker.  He is a local M.D. and a Christian with a wonderful book,  "Alive! 40 Days to Lifetime Health".  What an awesome speaker and encourager!  I have been enjoying the book this last week.  Everyday in the book ends with "Take a Minute" that reflects on that aspect in relation to God. Here is a write up on the book and a link to purchase the book.

Today both our waistlines and bookshelves are bulging, and yet every year we continue to search for the next easy answer to painless weight loss. Have you ever wondered what we ate before all of the hype?

Today in America approximately 70% of Americans are overweight or obese, a number that has risen at epidemic levels in the last 40 years. Is the church in better shape than the American culture? Sadly, the church today is in worse condition with an average of 76% of church members and pastors in the overweight to obese category. And in a review of obesity in world religions, evangelicals are dramatically heavier than any other world religion. In fact ,one of the lead researchers said, " America is becoming known as a nation of gluttony and obesity and churches are a feeding ground for this problem". A tragic accusation for a group that is called to represent Jesus Christ to the world.


God provided the proper fuel for our bodies when he created every green plan, seed bearing plant, and fruit on Day 3 of creation. These foods sufficiently feed and fuel the body, optimizing function, the immune system, renewing strength, and providing disease resistance. The growing body of scientific evidence confirms that making a simple shift toward foods that God created, not only prevents disease but also has the power to reverse diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. God's plan is always perfect.


Based upon extensive research from thousands of research articles, hundreds of books, his medical practice and the timeless wisdom of God's word, Dr. Stoll shares God's perfect plan for food and health that was designed to draw us back to a daily or bite-by-bite relationship with Him. The forty chapters in this book represent a transformational journey toward a biblically balanced understanding of health and a revelational understanding of the power of food that will strengthen both the body and the spirit.




http://www.amazon.com/Alive-Physicians-Biblical-Scientific-Nutrition/dp/0982614330


Prayer of the Week

Dear Lord,
I am so thankful that you have shown me that I can live daily trusting in you.  I ask that you continue to let me live my life as a disciple of Christ, following His example.  Keep my heart hungering for more of you and less of me.  I pray for all those I love that are yours, that you would strengthen them daily and for those that do not know you Lord, I pray that we would all be open and willing to be used by you to be and speak the Gospel.  Thank you for our salvation in Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment