Isaiah 48:17

This is what the Lord says-your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you shoud go."

Isaiah 48:17







Monday, January 9, 2012

Sign of the Week

I am going to attempt to share some of the ways that God has worked in my life during the week, and I could really use your prayers to stay committed.  I also want to encourage each of you reading this blog to start a blog of your own and let God use it to encourage and strengthen others.  Well here we go with “A Week in Review.”

†Scripture of the Week:
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

†Song of the Week:
“Even When” by Jeremy Camp

†Praise of the Week:
I am constantly amazed that the Lord uses me to do His work, even when my heart is hard.  When I feel my heart getting hard, I am always reminded of the words from Chris Tomlin’s song “Indescribable” that says, “You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same.”
 
†Book of the Week:
I am usually reading more than one book at a time, such as I am right now.  But this week I will suggest a book that I love, that the Lord used to strengthen me during an intense time in my life.  I have continued to read it off and on for the past four years.  It is a beautifully written devotional called “Come Away My Beloved” by Francis J. Roberts. 
Here is a description of the book from one website:
This powerful book has touched countless lives-reminding readers of the Lord's invitation to "come away" and experience His all-sufficient care and provision. A book "forged in the crucible of life," Come Away My Beloved shares the ministering spirit of the heavenly Father to those in need of encouragement, hope, comfort, and conviction. Equally helpful to new Christians or longtime believers seeking spiritual renewal, Come Away My Beloved offers instruction for successful Christian living and inspiration for deeper devotion to God. This classic book has been updated for ease of reading and incorporates Scripture from the New King James Version.
If you are interested in this book, here is a link to purchase it from Christianbook.com
 
†Prayer of the Week:
Dear Lord,
I pray for salvation for my friends and family.  Thank you for revealing yourself to Lori and Debbie.  Continue to soften my heart and enable me to be an instrument in your hand.
In Jesus’ name.  Amen.

Again, thank you for reading my blog and I pray that the Lord uses it to strengthen you!

No comments:

Post a Comment